1. Do loosen your bow hair when it is not being used. It seems like most of the students always forget to do it, and many times they end up having problems with their bow.
2. Do have your bow rehaired regularly. Do not let too many hairs to be missing because it may pull the stick crooked.
3. Do not swish your bow in order to get rid of the excess rosin. You may accidentally snap off the head of the bow.
4. Do not applaud with your bow stick against the music stand. You may hurt your bow.
5. Do not let the ivory/mammoth tip to remain cracked or missing. The bow head could be damaged, so always make sure the bow’s head plate is in one piece.
6. Remember that weather changes will affect the length of the hair. Bow hair gets shorter in the winter and longer in the summer. Hair stretches and shrinks.
7. Don’t drop your bow. You may break it.
8. Have your repairs done only by an expert.
9. Make sure you always store your bow in the case.
10. After playing wipe the stick off the rosin with the dry microfiber cloth.